Monday, September 22, 2014

Music Roundup Time!!

So its time for a round up of what I've been listening to recently, you might even find something new to have a listen to. So don't forget to click those links!

To start with I've been re-loving Ellie Goulding's - Halycon and her hauntingly amazing voice. A perfect album to chuck on in the background and get things done to! This album was a win for me when it came out and still is. Here's a few of my favourites on the album.
Ellie Goulding - Don't say a word
(did you know don't say a word is where Drake sampled Pound cake from? Go check it out)
Ellie Goulding - Ritual

I have been a fan of Collie Buddz for a long time now but I will always love his first album self titled Collie Buddz. His reggae style always manages to chill me out and I love to zone out and just listen away to his voice.

Now I do love Chris Browns music and I don't think you can beat his first self titled debut album. Classic Chris Brown to me can't be beat! With his baby face and sweet voice its always going to be the Chris Brown I remember.
Chris Brown - Winner
Chris Brown - Ain't no way (You wont love me)

Now who don't love a bit of Alicia Keys, I for one can't think of much else better to sit down to, relax and forget all your worries listening to Songs in a Minor. It's a great album all the way through with classics like Fallin and A Woman's Worth! Listening to her voice and amazing piano skills always makes me want to take piano back up, I might just stick to that.
Alicia keys - The Life

You can't mistake the voice of Frank Ocean and the amazing album that is Channel Orange! The unconventional styling and soothing baritone of Frank Ocean is what makes this album not just an album but a journey! Which I've been re living recently. Don't you just love re-discovering great music?


In Your Hands is the second studio album from Eliza Doolittle. I love the distinct British sound she always carries, to me shes almost in her own genre. A good listen and always worth dragging up every now and then!

Miguel's Kaleidoscope Dreams is what i'd like to call a R&B funk soul fusion. Loaded with heavy bass lines,gentle guitar riffs and a distinct nostalgic sound you can never go wrong chucking this on and zoning out to.
Miguel - Do You

I don't know about you but I love Ska music. Its a must to play in summer and when you wake up on a Sunday, with nothing to do, throw on some feel good music. I've been listening to a compilation CD 40 Original Ska Classics. If your into Ska i'd definitely recommend to go get hold of this, full of endless hours of music enjoyment.

I had been waiting a while for Iggy Azalea's debut album to drop so when she finally released The New Classic I soon found out my wait was worth it! I adore her unique fresh rap style which is easily noted in a music world where its hard to stand out. Every song is a hit, whilst I didn't fall in love with the album as soon as I heard it, you might need to have a few listens before it takes off. But trust me at least see what you think as it comes highly recommended from me!



So that is what I've been listening to I hope you liked listening with me and maybe even found some new favourites. Let me know what you've been listening to!


Till next time....
                       SRFTaylor

-But now you wanna be set free
This is the web, web that you weave
So baby now rest in peace-

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Instagram

© SRFTaylor | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig