Wednesday, September 23, 2015

The Internet - Ego Death Review




I have fallen in absolute love with the internet... not that internet but the band The Internet! If you are unfamiliar with who they are just like I was trust me when I tell you their music is a must hear. With two members originating from Odd Future the hip hop collective fronted by Tyler the Creator, the band has firmly placed their feet on the musical ground with Ego Death. The Internet are a neo soul, electronic group, but genres can be so broad it becomes hard to define and distinguish, well The Internet push the boat far out to bring  something different to the table.


The star of the show for me had to be the captivating 'Girl', now I challenge anybody to sit on a train or bus and not feel like they are in their own movie! The out of this world vibes the song has partnered with its trippy sound make the perfect tune to chill out and fade away to. 
Each song brings punch and personality but also an air of laziness to get you wound down to in the evenings. The album falls much so in the moment and keeps current whilst providing an old school vibe, if that seven possible. Some favourites of mine to look out for include 'Gabby' which has some vocal features from Janelle Monae and the punchy opener that is 'Get Away'. We are very accustomed to the male to female or visa versa narrative, but Ego Death brings a fresh of breathe air with the lead Syd the Kyd talking about another woman in songs through out the album.
Picture Credit www.thewildmagazine.com

This has fast become my go to multi purpose album, for relaxing, for working, it's fair to say I can't get enough. I look forward to back tracking to their previous work to see if I've missed out on any other gems. This kind of sound has to be one of my favourites when it comes to music, what would you say is yours?

Till next time....
                   SRFTaylor


-If they don't know your worth, Tell 'em you're my girl, And anything you want is yours-

SHARE:

1 comment

  1. YASS to the new layout!

    SincerelyShug.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Instagram

© SRFTaylor | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig